Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Upcoming Hysteroscopy

Well, yes, another cycle without a pregnancy, but God has had lots of things scheduled for these upcoming weeks, so I'm encouraged. I think I've taken this "failure" better than any other (except maybe the 1st couple of months, before I realized how long this would take). I really only dealt with some tears and hurts for a few minutes, and J held me and kissed me and comforted me, and then it was over. Really a blessing. I give God the credit for that.

So, Thursday I go in for a hysteroscopy. (This is where they take a camera into the uterus so they can see exactly what's in there.) The doctors re-reviewed my HSG and determined that they aren't necessarily changing their first analysis, but they are recommending a hysteroscopy so they can actually see what the "abnormal filling" is. They said that if it were polyps, they would not allow a fertilized egg to implant!!! I'm really hoping that's been our problem all along, and that they can do an in-office precedure and remove them (rather than an anasthesia & later appt). Anyway, that's also the day of my baseline blood work and ultrasound. They will check on the growth of my follicles, and my endometrial lining, and then tell me when next to come in.

From then on, I'll be checked fairly regularly like this, and when the follicles are considered mature enough, I will either get or administer to myself a shot of HCG, to induce my body to ovulate. This is just a part of how they do monitored cycles. I do not need it, but it's procedure. That's fine with me. My body has always ovulated nicely, and for the last cycle my 7 DPO progesterone level was a 98!!! That's a great number! They only look for a 10 or 15 on a medicated cycle (the higher the number, the stronger the ovulation). Anyway....

2 comments:

Anns said...

Good luck on Thursday, I'm having one done to cut out a polyp on Friday..

Here's to us both getting wicked morning sickness in the upcoming months!

Anonymous said...

Wonder how you faired with the IVF thing....
I just had a failed ICSI(my first cycle) cycle. My doc advised me to go for a hysteroscopy...which I did and now I am gearing up for the next cycle