Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What We're Having....?!?!

That's right.... today at 18w2d, we found out we will (Lord willing) be welcoming a beautiful little girl into our lives in January. A girl!!! We are so happy, so grateful, so amazed. I feel like it's something of a dream - can this all be a reality someday? It was so beautiful to see her on screen, moving about, cooperating perfectly. We got this scheduled just 4 days before J was deploying, and then afterward picked up a crib we'd found at Baby Depot for a great deal the other day on the way home that we've now put together - our first baby purchase!

It was weird. Neither of us really had a "feeling" but we kept referring to the baby as a "he". I guess because my husband thinks boys should come first. :) He's firstborn in his family, my older sister is our firstborn so I naturally thought girl were pretty good too! So while I really wanted to give him a son, we are so thrilled to be welcoming a daughter!

I am all done with morning sickness (whoo-hoo), and the nausea just comes and goes every now and then. I can eat whatever I want that I did not develop an aversion to. At my 16 week appointment they told me my hemoglobin had gotten worse (from a 10.4 at 11 weeks to 9.3 at 16 weeks). They told me to really try hard to research and eat iron rich foods (I'd been on an iron Rx since 11 weeks). I hadn't felt any symptoms of anemia, but then at 18 weeks it just hit. Rolling over on the couch at night seemed like too much effort. Unfortunately, decreased appetite is a side-effect of anemia, so it doesn't help when you Really need to eat and just don't have any interest. But J and I researched it out, and went to the store and he spared no expense putting things into the cart that were iron rich. Lots of red meat, lots of dark green leafy veggies, lots of o.j. and citrus to help the iron absorbtion, and lots of cereal fortified with 100% RDA of iron. In just 10 days of this my iron was at 10.2! It took longer for me to really feel strong, but I am now! So I've got to keep it up, along with the liquid chlorophyll I've been drinking. I was ready to ask for the injectable iron the doctor spoke of, but it looks like I might not need it (yet). Anything to stay healthy!

I have steadily gained 2lb every 4 weeks since my initial 7wk appointment, which puts me at a 6 lb weight gain so far. I am showing, but just not a lot (picture in next post, perhaps). When I mention I'm expecting, everyone looks so shocked at how "far" I am (to them). It's all new to me, but I feel healthy so I feel good! For now, I'm going to just post pictures of little girl!

And to close off, please stick around because as of yesterday at 2:30pm, my precious husband and I are separated for another agonizing 70 days... He has deployed to the middle east once more. We were so distraughtand devastated... Those last 24 hours were hard, were precious, and were just heartwrenching. I love him SOOOOOOO desperately, I don't know how I'll een survive to the halfway point without him. We HATE this.... It is rough! So please.... stick around because there'll be a lot of deployment stuff to post about and I need all the support I can get....



19 comments:

Deborah said...

Wow, great pictures. You're lucky to have a clinic that does 3D (mine does, too, because I'm considered high-risk).

Best of luck during the deployment. I know I could never be apart from my husband for that long. I don't know how the military works; is there some way to be sure he'll be around near the due date?

Amanda said...

CONGRATULTIONS ON YOUR GIRL!!!! I know you two must be so excited!

That rocks that the morning sickness is gone and that you're able to eat the foods that you need to get your iron up. Keep up the good work!

I am so sorry that your hubby has been deployed. :-( I've been fortunate enough to not have Mr. W gone for more than 2 weeks at a time, so I can't imagine just how hard this is. But we're all as here for you as we can be!

Like Deborah said, will they be able to make sure he's not deployed around your due date?

Stacemoe said...

Yeah!!!! Congradulations!!! SHE is beautiful!!! I know you are so excited!!! Praying for you while the Hubby is away...I can't even imagine! thanks for the update and pics....next we need to see the tummy!!! :) Hang in there!

andrea_jennine said...

Congratulations on your girl!

I will seek to pray for you during J's deployment.

amy said...

Congratulations!! I love my son but little girls are so fun and I love shopping for my niece.
Get ready for an explosion of pink!!!!

Amy
dancingwithinfertility.blogspot.com

Jill said...

Awww...everyone needs a little girl!! Congratulations...I'm so happy for you!

That really stinks that hubby is gone for that long. I'll be praying for him as he's over there and for you as well. I know having to be without him during your pregnancy won't be easy.

((HUGS))

Jules said...

Yay - a little girl! As a mother of two little girls, I can tell you that they are SO much fun! There's just something about all of the frills and stuff like that. I'm a pretty simple person myself but when it comes to my girls, I love dressing them up :)

As for the deployment, you're definitely in my thoughts & prayers. We'll help you get through this difficult time. Just think - your little baby girl will keep you company with her kicks and punches, right? :)

Hang in there!!

Julie

Samantha said...

Congrats on a girl! Woohoo!

I'm glad the morning sickness is gone and hope that the new diet will help with the anemia symptoms. Thinking about my diet, it makes me wonder if I need more iron, because I have been so tired recently. Something to think about.

Christy said...

I'm sorry that you and hubby have to be separated for a while, but what a wonderfully high note he left on. Congratulations on finding out you are having a baby girl!

Ms. Perky said...

Congratulations! And I'm so sorry about the deployment! Ugh!

Sue said...

Congratulations on your little girl!

Searching said...

Congrats on your DAUGHTER!!! So sweet of her to flash her lady bits at her so you could spend your idle time daydreaming about lace and pearls. :)

I'm glad the pregnancy is going well, your iron levels are coming up (I have a huge issue with that as well, makes you feel so exhausted, like a zombie!), that the morning sickness has finally left, and that there is so much to look forward to!

You and your hubby will be in my prayers during his deployment. I'll be here to lend a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen anytime you need it. Sending you lots of hugs!

Rachel said...

congratulations, she is BEAUTIFUL!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on a baby girl. what a special gift for you and your husband.

wileywomb.wordpress.com

Tracey said...

CONGRATULATIONS! WE'RE HAVING A BOY...IT'S AN ADOPTION, BUT HE'S STILL OURS! GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!

The Beauty Junkie said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS!!

docgrumbles said...

Congrats on a girl!

Sorry about hubby's deployment!

Adriane said...

Congrats - a little girl!!! Yay for being done with m orning sickness. What a pain in the butt!!

Sorry about your husband's deployment. I hope the 70 days go by super fast.

Laura said...

Congratulations on the baby girl! The pictures are beautiful.

I am so sorry to hear that your husband is deploying again. Mine was gone for 3.5 months in the middle of my pregnancy - so I feel your pain. I will be keeping you, your brave husband, and your baby girl in my thoughts and prayers.